Registration is open!
MHC Winter Swim 2020
Mansion House Club (MHC) Swim Team
Winter Swim Practice
SUNDAYS 5:00 - 6:00
George Washington Rec Center
Looking for your swimmer to get some conditioning practice in this Winter?
MHC has the answer!
The following are guidelines from Fairfax County for teams renting lanes for a Winter Swim Program. We will have to follow these guidelines. PLEASE READ before signing up. IF Winter Swim gets canceled we will do our best to give prorated refunds.
- -In addition to a coach and jr coaches, there will be a Swim Rep or designated adult in the rec center with the team. (Since parents are not allowed to enter the facility- please read below)
- -Cost for Winter Swim is $350 per swimmer (that’s about $10.30 per week) – Registration will open by Monday 9/7/20 @ https://mansionhouseclub.swimtopia.com
- -5 Swimmers per lane, we have 5 lanes.
- -WINTER SWIMM WILL BE CAPPED AT 25 SWIMMERS
- -Winter Practice is not offered to our Little Piranhas, coaches cannot be in the water nor can coaches be in close proximity with the swimmers.
- oONLY SWIMMERS OLDER THAN 8 UNLESS
THEY ARE VERY ACCOMPLISHED
- SWIMMERS WILL BE EXPECTED TO SWIM THE ENTIRE HOUR, WITH MINIMAL BREAKS (These practices will be USA Swimming Style Practices similar to Nation’s Capital Swim Club, Ft Belvoir Swim Team, or Shark Tank)
- COACHES ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ENTER THE POOL
- Temperature check – as stated below – coaches possibly parents will need to take temps of swimmers before each practice (We are still working out these logistics)
Guidelines for Swim Teams:
- Athletes will not be allowed to use the locker room except for emergencies. Swimmers must shower at home prior to practice. Athletes must arrive in their suit and leave in their suit. Should an athlete have an emergency need to use the restroom, coaches or a swim team representative must wipe down the restroom with wipes provided by the team.
- Parents must drop off their athletes and remain in their car. No parents may enter the building.
- All rentals will enter and exit through the sundeck doors wherever possible. Please reach out to the site Aquatics Director or the Pool Contract Coordinator to determine site specific entry point.
- Teams must provide small cones to place on the deck to mark social distancing locations for athletes.
- Parents will provide small bins/one bag for athletes to set their personal belongings in.
- Coaches must ask every athlete if they have been sick specifically with regards to coronavirus symptoms. Coaches must do a temperature check on every athlete prior to practice.
- Teams will be allowed five swimmers per lane. Swimmers must maintain 10 ft social distancing. Starts and stops must be staggered throughout the lane to promote social distancing. Swimmers may hold the lane lines while preparing for staggered starts.
- Dive Teams will be allowed 15 divers to begin with. All Divers must remain social distant while on the pool deck
- No dryland workouts or stretching will be allowed in the RECenter or on the pool deck.
- Coaches and Athletes must wear masks while on the pool deck. Athletes may remove their masks prior to entering into the water.
- Any Athlete or Coach that has a positive test may not come back to the facility until after being cleared by a doctor to resume practice.
- Renters will only be allowed in the building 10 minutes prior to the start of their rental time.
- Athletes must bring all equipment and their own water bottles for each practice. Equipment will not be kept at the facility and any equipment that is left behind will be thrown out.